Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sunflowers
















Sunflowers have appeared! And they are gorgeous! I feel like I'm living in Provence. Maybe next year I'll grow poppies and lavender too, just to complete the picture.
























Me and my flowers. I had to stand on a stool to take this pic, as they are easily 6+ feet tall.































That huge plant taking up half the lawn is just one pumpkin plant!
















Tomatoes and corn. That's a pumpkin vine trailing down the path, I cut it out today though.
















Beautiful green tomatoes.
















Velvet Red cherry tomatoes.
















From left to right: Kentucky Wonder, Hidatsa Shield, and a mystery Chinese bean we got from a friend. Japanese beetles have attacked the Kentucky Wonder, but they'll probably be alright. Hidatsa Shield is the short one in the middle, it started producing beans first. The Chinese bean is outgrowing the pole, but has not even started flowering yet.
















Lettuce Leaf  basil loves being on the deck. It's delicious, with a slight licorice flavor.

I got lazy and forgot to harvest chamomile for about two weeks, and most of the flowers went past their prime. Also, some driving rain knocked the long plants down. So today I harvested what I could and then cut them back to about 6 inches. Hopefully this will re-invigorate growth, if it doesn't kill them.

No comments: