Monday, April 12, 2010

Pics of the garden in progress

I finally figured out how to get these pics off the camera's internal memory and onto my computer. They're about a week old now, and it's amazing how much the yard and garden has already changed since I took them.
















My tools all lined up for a photo shoot. The hand truck is used to transport the orange bucket when it's full of rocks. I have a square tipped shovel, a sturdy pitchfork, a small metal rake, and some assorted hand tools. The wheelbarrow is mostly good for transporting hay and compost, this one's not great for heavy loads (I popped the tire when I tried filling it with soil... oops!). I've already worn a hole through one pair of gardening gloves. Looks like I need to pick up some sturdy new ones.


















A bed in the process of being double dug.

















All the tan rocks in this picture are from just one bed!!

















My finished strawberry bed, planted and mulched with pine needles. I used the needles because they're acidic, and strawberries like acid. The other beds will be mulched with straw or dead leaves. You can't really see the strawberries in this picture, because they were fresh out of the package and didn't have leaves. They all have several leaves now, a week later. :)






















Daffodils are up!!

No comments: